Getting Started for Brokers: New Account and Zipi Pay Activation
Instructions to access your new Zip Broker Account will be emailed from Zipi Inc with the subject, Zipi: Invite. This is your activation email. You’ll simply click on the link provided in the email to create your password and log-in to your new Zipi account.
Check your spam folder if you did not receive this email.
After you log-in for the first time, you must activate your Zipi Pay account to continue using the platform.
You will not have access to the rest of the platform until your Zipi Pay account is verified and our Customer Success Team has begun the onboarding process. Please do not add users or begin setting up your account.
- Login to your Zipi account from the link provided in the email mentioned above.
You will see a red exclamation point next to the Search bar and a Marketplace menu item in the left navigation bar. Please click either one.
- Click on Activate to begin entering your Zipi Pay information.
- Click Setup New Account
1. Will this be an Operating Account or Trust Account?
2. Business Type - What is your business structure and how do you legally file your taxes? If you don't know please ask your CPA before completing this application.
- Sole Proprietor
- Sole Proprietor (DBA)*
- Partnerships (LP, LLP)*
- Limited Liability Corporation (LLC)*
- S Corporation*
- Public Corporation*
- Unincorporated Association
If the incorrect business type is selected, your application will be rejected or you will be asked to supply additional documentation.
3. Business Name is the company's legal business name. e.g. McDonald's Corporation.
4. Select the best Business Classification category for your business.
5. Doing Business As ("DBA" or Trade Name or Fictitious Name) is the name by which people know your business. e.g. McDonald's.
6. Business Address must match the address you have on your corporate documentation or business bank account.
The address you provide will be verified. It's helpful to use the same address on file with your bank account. If the address does not match, you will be required to provide additional documentation.
7. The Owner is the owner of this Zipi Pay account.
8. Review and agree to the Terms of Service
9. Agree & Continue
All information must be 100% accurate or your account will not be created. You may also be asked to provide additional documentation (EIN verification letter, drivers license, etc) to verify your company. If you need assistance, please contact support or your account manager.
If you select a Business Type (referenced in #2 above) with an * you must provide these additional fields:
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Who is a controller? A person legally responsible for company finances and banking. This can be the same person as the company owner or a separate company controller. They will need the login credentials for the bank account being connected to Zipi Pay.
Review the Terms of Service and Privacy Policies at the bottom, select the check boxes, then click Agree & Continue.
- Click 'Connect my Bank Account.' This process will connect a bank account of your choice to your Zipi Pay account and choose this account to be your Default Deposit Account.
Add new Funding Source to existing Company Gateway
- Update this to be my Default Deposit Account - The bank account you connect to Zipi Pay will be the default account for transfers/deposits from your Zipi Pay account.
- Review and agree to Dwolla terms and click Agree & Continue
- Click Continue to select your bank
- Search for your Bank
Enter your bank login credentials (NOT your Zipi login credentials)
Select the account (e.g. Checking or Savings) you want connected to Zipi Pay.
Repeat this process to connect additional accounts.
You may see a which means there are a few additional steps to Complete Setup.
Click Complete Setup for instructions.
Here's one example:
- Choose 'Create Default Account' to create a default general ledger / chart of account for this bank.
Your Zipi Pay account will not be active until you select: Create Default Account or Select Existing Account.
Why is this necessary? Click here
- If required, list all owner details for each individual person that holds at least a 25% stake in the company.
- Certify the information by selecting the checkbox and click Continue.
Now that your Zipi Pay account is activate, your Zipi Deals will be purchased using your default bank account and will be added to your account balance for use.
Important! Before our Customer Success Team can begin the onboarding process, we must verify your Zipi Pay has been properly activated and that a funding source (connected bank account) has been connected. Please login to your Zipi account and:
- Go to Company > Marketplace > Zipi Pay "Settings"
- Confirm Status: Active and Verified
- Confirm a Connected Bank Account has been added